One of the greatest goals of every college student is to get and maintain high GPA. And to be able to do that, one must have a lot of self-discipline and dedication. Earning and maintaining good grades is a huge accomplishment, and honor societies are attracted to students who achieves high in their course. If you have met honor societies in your school and are offered membership, you might wonder what good they can do to you. Well, following are the reasons why you should not miss the membership offered to you.
- First, you are going to meet other high-achieving students who share the same dedication and self-discipline towards the academic goals. Yes, you can meet new friends, but honor society can offer you more. You will be able to meet people who can help motivate you to perform better than yesterday to achieve your academic endeavors.
- Although your high GPA is a great point in your resume, joining any honor society can help boost it even more. Most employers give an extra point to those applicants with extracurricular involvement. So, honor society is good help in making your resume more appealing. But when join the group solely for the sake of your resume is a no-no. Of course, employers will ask about your participation in the organization. Instead of getting extra point, the employer might think you're not serious if he learns your not active.
- As a member of an honor society, you will get exclusive benefits. Some of the things that you can take advantage of are opportunities to study abroad, scholarships and job banks. There are also honor societies offering a lifetime membership which could mean having a permanent access to member benefits.
- Having a network with leaders, local, national or international, is a great advantage especially when searching for a job. Yes, there might be many job fairs and other opportunities accessing to all students, but the honor societies can sure offer extra networking opportunities to its members. By attending events, leaders and employers will sure recognize you as dedicated student even without looking into your resume.
- Earning and maintaining a high GPA is a huge task. And accomplishing it calls for a celebration! Having an acceptance letter, as well as a membership certification from an honor society is sure a remarkable experience that you can reminisce in the future years.
With all of these benefits, joining an honor society is sure a rewarding and memorable experience. Read more here!
Check out also this relevant link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Society_of_Collegiate_Scholars